Fulcrum Concepts, LLC currently has a full-time position available for a Design Engineer. If you are interested in applying, please read through the following job description, benefits section, and fill out the online application at the bottom of this page.
- Designs major components, or major portions of a functional system, or technically advanced prototype, promotional or specific products
- Develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations
- Develops basic data and makes preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposal. Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replace ability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost
- Coordinates with other organizations affected by design development
- Makes layouts of assemblies and details parts of devices, mechanisms, structures, and products
- Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning
- Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible engineers or designers
- Contributes to the development of mechanical, electromechanical, structures, and weapons systems using 3D CAD software (Solidworks)
- Apply engineering principles to solve technically complex design problems
- Understand customer requirements, work well in a team environment, and communicate effectively individually and in groups
Knowledge and Skills Preferred
- Self-starter, highly motivated, exceptional work ethic
- Superior attention to detail, focused, quick learner
- Exceptional character and integrity
- Pro-active problem solver
- Leadership attributes a must
- Enjoys challenges, a fast-paced environment, creating technical drawings and models, and working on a diverse problem set
- Able to work in hands–on environment where some CNC programming, fabrication, assembly, testing of prototypes is expected
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Prefer two (2) years of professional experience
To conform to U.S. Government export control regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or Department of Commerce. Eligibility for a current SECRET security clearance may be required.
Fulcrum Concepts, LLC (FCLLC) offers competitive pay, diverse work opportunities and excellent benefits to include vacation and sick time, health and life insurance, and a unique 9/80 work schedule. As with all benefit plans, they may change based on many factors; however, it is Fulcrum Concepts’ vision to provide its employees with competitive benefit plans.
Medical and Dental
Fulcrum Concepts offers several group medical insurance and dental plan options. Enrollment into the medical and dental plan is available to any full-time employee who works at least 30 hours per week. FCLLC will pay 50% of the employee and eligible dependent portion of the group medical plan and dental plan premiums. The premium is deducted on a pre-tax basis.
Fulcrum Concepts offers a group vision plan. Enrollment into the vision plan is available to any full-time employee who works at least 30 hours per week. FCLLC pays 100% of employees portion of the group vision plan. The plan includes eye exams with a modest co-pay, discounted frames, and contact lens coverage. The premium is deducted on a pre-tax basis.
Employees are immediately eligible to participate in the 401(k) Savings Plan. Highlights of the plan include a Safe Harbor employer contribution of 3% of employee pay. Employees are also eligible for the company’s profit-sharing plan, which simply means that based on overall company performance, additional funds may be added annually to employee 401(k) Savings Plans. Unlike the 401(k) employer contributions, the profit-sharing plan has a vesting schedule. Employees are eligible for profit-sharing after working at the company for a full plan cycle year.
Other Benefits Offered
Fulcrum Concepts also offers Group Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance plans at no cost to the employee.
Fulcrum Concept’s full-time employees receive 12 paid holidays each year. Ten holidays are identical to those received by federal employees. Fulcrum Concept’s also provides the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve as additional holidays.
- New Year’s Day January 1
- Martin Luther King’s Birthday Observation (Third Monday in January)
- President’s Day (Third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Independence Day July 4
- Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Columbus Day (Second Monday in October)
- Veterans Day November 11
- Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday in November)
- Day after Thanksgiving (Forth Friday in November)
- Christmas Eve December 24
- Christmas Day December 25
Fulcrum Concepts provides 120 hours vacation per year, with a maximum of 40 hours that can be carried over each calendar year, effective at the end of FCLLC’s calendar year (December 31). Vacation is available on the first calendar day of the year (January 1st). Employees have the potential to accrue additional vacation after five, ten and fifteen years of service.
Paid sick leave is provided for absences from work due to illness and medical and/or dental treatment. Eligible employees will receive 40 hours of paid sick leave per calendar year, not to be reimbursed when departing the company, used for vacation, or accrued beyond one calendar year.
9/80 Work Schedule
Fulcrum Concepts offers a 9/80 alternate work schedule resulting in every other Friday off. The schedule allows full-time employees to work longer days for part of a set period in exchange for a day off during each period. In a standard 9/80, employees work nine (9) hours per day Monday through Thursday and on alternate Fridays either work eight (8) hours or are scheduled off (result: 80 hours worked over nine workdays vs. ten workdays).
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Fulcrum Concepts, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Fulcrum Concepts, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Application for Employment
Please complete the form below to be considered for a position with Fulcrum Concepts, LLC.
Required fields are marked * on the form.