Fulcrum Concepts, LLC currently has a full-time position available for a Design Engineer. If you are interested in applying, please read through the following job description, benefits section, and fill out the online application at the bottom of this page.
- Fully participate in and support the Fulcrum Concepts Quality Management System
- Designs major components, or major portions of a functional system, or technically advanced prototype, promotional or specific products
- Develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations
- Develops basic data and makes preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposal. Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replace ability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost
- Coordinates with other organizations affected by design development
- Makes layouts of assemblies and details parts of devices, mechanisms, structures, and products
- Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning
- Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible engineers or designers
- Contributes to the development of mechanical, electromechanical, structures, and weapons systems using 3D CAD software (Solidworks)
- Apply engineering principles to solve technically complex design problems
- Understand customer requirements, work well in a team environment, and communicate effectively individually and in groups
Knowledge and Skills Preferred
- Self-starter, highly motivated, exceptional work ethic
- Superior attention to detail, focused, quick learner
- Exceptional character and integrity
- Pro-active problem solver
- Leadership attributes a must
- Enjoys challenges, a fast-paced environment, creating technical drawings and models, and working on a diverse problem set
- Able to work in hands–on environment where some CNC programming, fabrication, assembly, testing of prototypes is expected
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Two (2) years of professional experience; No experience required with a related master’s degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner
To conform to U.S. Government export control regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or Department of Commerce. Eligibility for a current SECRET security clearance may be required.
Fulcrum Concepts, LLC offers competitive salary, diverse work opportunities, vacation and sick time, health and life insurance, and a unique 9/80 work schedule. As with all benefit plans they may change based on many factors, however, it is Fulcrum Concept’s vision to provide its employees with competitive benefit plans.
Medical and Dental
Fulcrum Concepts offers both a group medical insurance plan and a dental plan. The group medical plan is an HSA Plan. Enrollment into either plan is available to any full-time employee who works at least 30 hours per week. FCLLC will pay 50% of the employee and eligible dependent portion of the group medical plan and dental plan premiums. The employee will be responsible for paying the remaining 50%. Payroll deductions are used for employee contributions for insurances.
Coverage is available for employees and their eligible dependents. The plan includes eye exams with a modest co-pay, and discount frame, lens and contact lens coverage. The premium is paid on a before-tax basis.
You are immediately eligible to participate in our 401(k) Savings Plan. The highlights for the plan include a Safe Harbor contribution of 3% of your salary provided by FCLLC at no cost to you. You will also be eligible for enrollment in our profit sharing plan, which simply means that based on individual performance and overall company performance, additional funds may be provided as an incentive. Our profit sharing plan has a one (1) year vesting period. As with all benefit plans they may change based on many factors; however, it is FCLLC’s vision to provide its employees with competitive benefit plans.
Other Benefits Offered
Additionally FCLLC provides a Life Insurance policy, both Short Term and Long Term Disability, and AD&D insurance plans at no cost to you.
Fulcrum Concept’s employees receive 12 paid holidays each year. Ten holidays are identical to those received by federal employees. Fulcrum Concept’s is please to provide the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve as additional holidays.
- New Year’s Day January 1
- Martin Luther King’s Birthday Observation Third Monday in January
- President’s Day Third Monday in February
- Memorial Day Last Monday in May
- Independence Day July 4
- Labor Day First Monday in September
- Columbus Day Second Monday in October
- Veterans Day November 11
- Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday in November)
- Day after Thanksgiving (Forth Friday in November)
- Christmas Eve December 24
- Christmas Day December 25
Vacation starts at 10 days per-year. Vacation will be available on the first calendar day of the year (January 1st). In special cases carry-over may be granted upon request of employee and approval by the senior management of the company. Vacation can be taken in one hour increments, and may be used when absent for any reason. Employees have the potential to accrue additional Vacation after five, ten and fifteen years of service.
Paid sick leave is provided for absences from work due to illness and medical or dental treatment. Each eligible employee will receive one week (five days) of paid sick leave per calendar year, not to be reimbursed when departing the company, abused for vacation, or accrued beyond one calendar year.
9/80 WORK SCHEDULE
9/80 is a type of alternate work schedule that allows full-time employees to work longer days for part of a set period in exchange for a day off each period. In a standard 9/80, employees work nine (9) hours per day Monday through Thursday and on alternate Fridays either work eight (8) hours or are scheduled off (result: 80 hours worked over nine workdays vs. ten workdays).
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Fulcrum Concepts, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fulcrum Concepts, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Application for Employment
Please complete the form below to be considered for a position with Fulcrum Concepts, LLC.
Required fields are marked * on the form.